In 1955, several fires around the county prompted several members of the community to see the need for a fire department in Philomont. In May of that year, a group of Philomont residents raised the funds necessary to begin construction on a two-bay fire station and $18,500 was donated for the fire truck. With the money, the department purchased a new 1956 FWD fire engine. With a fire station and a truck, the Philomont Volunteer Fire Department was born.
In case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1
(see About Us/History for more information)